FIELD REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRAILING SNAP HITCH PIN KITS
CAUTION: ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION WHEN
PERFORMING THIS OPERATION
1. Remove the old Snap Hitch Kit pin and spring.
2. Place the yoke on a hard surface with the closed end of the pin tube down on the surface.
3. Place the pin and spring into the open end of the tube.
4. Using a 1/8’’ drift punch, nail set or similar tool and a medium sized hammer, deform the end
of the tube in four or five places around the hole periphery while depressing the pin with your
thumb. Care should be taken as not to over stake the pin, which may cause it to stick.
5. Check the crimp to make sure the pin is secured without sticking.